I don’t know about the rest of you, but I feel like October is the last month of summer – there has been SO MUCH going on! We have an epic weekend planned, I hope you end up with the same. 🙂
- Notes on Creativity Tasting (Talk is sold out) – Friday 7pm @ArtsMia – Inspired by the current exhibition of Ferran Adria’s notes and journals, 17 local chefs will be sampling their take on Adria’s revolutionary techniques. Plus cocktails by Bradstreet and wine chosen by Bill Summerville (formally of Spoon and Stable & La Belle Vie, now working with a St. Paul based wine distributor). Yes, the price tag is steep ($150 or $120 for Mia members) but this is an amazing opportunity.
- St. Paul Art Crawl – Friday to Sunday @Various Locations – With locations all around St. Paul, including galleries, churches, restaurants, and even a distillery, you’re sure to find a few places worth checking out on the art crawl. The weather this weekend is meant to be gorgeous so walking from site to site should be a treat – Lowertown seems to have the densest collection of sites AND is just off the Green Line!
- 11 Wells “Know Your Spirits” Classes – Friday to Sunday @11 Wells Distillery – On top of being one of the sites for the aforementioned St. Paul Art Crawl, 11 Wells is offering a special FREE class about their spirits, their distillery, and the cocktails that best showcase what they’re doing. Did I mention it’s FREE? We have two distilleries in town that were started by people who also make bitters and cocktail accessories, I think it’s a fascinating trend and makes for some great spirits!
- St. Paul Classical Music Crawl – Saturday 12pm-8pm @Various Locations – Okay, I promise this is my last note about the art crawl, but they’ve really done a great job putting this together! A bunch of local ensembles have signed on to do “flash concerts” around the art crawl on Saturday. These 15 minute concerts will happen at ten different art crawl sites on the hour and half hour. In addition to the performances, MPR Classical hosts will be giving guided walking tours of the concerts while talking about their favorite ensembles and music. Tours are hourly starting at 11:50am in the Union Depot Waiting Room and last for two hours each. Free.
- Minnesota RollerGirls Home Opener – Saturday 7:30pm @Roy Wilkins Auditorium – Season 12 opens with a mini-tournament between all four home teams to highlight their rookies and get ready for a great season. With pre-show trivia, half-time music, and an after party at Camp Bar – this event has something for everyone! $15-$18
- NerdCon: Stories – Friday & Saturday @Mpls Convention Center – I am really sad that my weekend is too booked up to get to this, it looks amazing. Celebrating the art of story-telling, NerdCon:Stories is hosting a diverse group of story tellers from authors to musicians and several categories between. Notable attendees include John Green (Author of The Fault in Our Stars), local John Moe (Twitter icon and author of The Deleted E-Mails of Hillary Clinton: A Parody), and Dessa Darling (Writer and Doomtree emcee). Tickets will be available on site, $125 for the two day event.