In a rare but welcome turn of events, I have literally nothing on my schedule this weekend. NOTHING. I’ll probably help take some kids shopping for costumes and we may go to a movie, but I anticipate a weekend full of cleaning, relaxing, and cooking. Fall makes me want to bake, roast, and simmer all the things.
If you would like to have a more exciting weekend than me, here are a few ideas:
- Musician-in-Residence: Brian Laidlaw – Friday – 6-8pm – @ArtsMia – This month’s musician in residence will be performing a free acoustic performance in the museum. Be sure to check out Notes on Creativity while you’re there.
- Tunes ‘N ‘Toons – Saturday – 10am – @TurfClubMN – Enjoy a fabulous brunch at the Turf Club while watching classic cartoons. This weekend, Hymie’s Vintage Records will be on hand to spin and sell some vinyl. There is also a Groupon available for brunch at Turf Club!
- Zombie Pub Crawl – Saturday – Can I really do a weekend roundup and leave out the Zombie Pub Crawl? Of course I can’t. Every year this looks like an INSANE party – the music lineup this year promises it will be bigger and better than ever. I told Gabe Douglas of the 4onthefloor to dress up as Shaun from Shaun of the Dead, someone please report back!
- Harvest Beer Festival – Saturday – 1-5pm – Bachman’s on Lyndale – We have a lot of beer fests in Minnesota, but this is the only one I know of that has a special focus on fresh hops. Hosted by local food writers Dara Moskowitz Grumdahl and Stephanie March, this should be a fun and tasty event for all the hop lovers out there. $10-50
- Minneapolis Craft Market – Sunday – 12-6pm – @InsightBrewing – This outdoor craft market will feature local artisans selling everything from jewelry to clothing to metalwork and more. Get an early start on your holiday shopping, and enjoy a beer at the same time!